Lee 03-11-2008 08:46 PM
Update to DS Rules
The DS Rules have been updated to further clarify our policies and the “3 strikes” system we have in place. Please read the updated rules and by continuing your activity on the forum, you are agreeing to the new rules. If you have any questions please PM one of the admin team. Thanks! :thumbsup:Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW RULESImportant Rules at a GlanceDiaper Swappers utilizes a “3 Strikes” policy to help maintain s clean and positive atmosphere.
Violations that count as a strike:
1. Any hateful, rude, racist, derogatory, foul language (spelled correctly or not, this is a family friendly community), insulting, or otherwise mean content (pictures, blinkies, avatars)
2. The use of your signature, posts, or avatar to promote competing boards (other mama-targeted forums)
3. Using letters or symbols as a code not understood by the general public
4. Posting one-liners (abrasive sayings), pictures (picture of person with head up their rear end), or smilies (like banging head against the wall) in threads for the sole purpose of further fueling the fire in a hot topic
5. Posting a thread saying, “Hey, look at my siggy”
6. Quoting private messages on the forum. Private messages are private.
7. Linking to a FSOT post regarding a negative/neutral feedback left for you
8. Using a slogan, sign, etc that indicates membership in an elitist clique or group: no cliques please
9. Unsolicited purchasing opportunities
10. Posting the same thing more than two times in a thread
11. Bashing the site staff or DS as an entity (you can share you opinion in a respectful way, but “DS stinks” will NOT be acceptable)
Penalties at a Glance
1. 3 signature violations and you permanently lose your signature space, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
2. 3 avatar violations and you permanently lose your avatar space, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
3. 3 violations mentioning competing boards and you permanently lose your PM ability, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
4. 3 spam violations and you are temp banned for 1 month, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
Please note that mods and admins have the right to use their discretion and will do what they feel is best for the community as a whole. Certain rule violations will require an instant permanent ban (like posting p*rn). If you have an issue with an action the site staff has taken, please contact one of the members on the admin team through PM.
Well, I was sure DS mods and admin were “super busy” already… with all the crappy, porny, ads popping up and banners they’re giving us. Now, they’ve really turned into the police.
1. They aren’t even following their OWN rules. How many times have people had to report nasty ads and banners? Pop ups about flinging panties on brittany? Crotch shots, etc? I mean, it would be nice if THEY did the same for our sake. The b*tch from a member is hardly as offensive as seeing someone’s tatas hanging out in an ad of theirs.
2. People start threads about what other boards they visit all the time. What is DS scared of? They pull shit like this and people start looking for other forums… what do they expect? You can’t tell people they can’t talk about other boards/forums, yet have threads started about the topic all the time.
3. What…. ever….. KMA…
4. Wow, so if you reply, make sure it’s a ducks and bunnies, 2 liner post… and don’t forget the goodvibes smiley.
5. “Hey, look at my siggy?” Really? I’d love to see that ban reason in someones siggy. That would be hilarious!
6. So, we can’t quote private messages, yet people can be banned for sending them? If private messages are private, I should be able to share my do not b/s/t list with whomever I please. Since it’s private, you have no reason to bitch.
7. – 10. Is just more of the same crap. I feel like I should pull out my black and white striped jumper.
So, where else is there that one can go to get a little adult interaction, without the over moderation and super policing?